Dr. Jennifer Bailey
- Dr. Bailey graduated from NCSU School of Veterinary medicine in 2008. She has been associated with Gentle Care Animal Hospital for over 15 years and most recently, worked at our Tryon location.
- Special interests include canine & feline dentistry, oncology, laparoscopic surgery and flexible endoscopy.
- Resides in Raleigh with her husband David; daughters, Catie and Clara; terrier mix, Wanda; golden retriever, Gus; and cats Fletcher and Truman.
Dr. William Patterson, DVM
- Earned a degree in Biochemistry with a minor in Genetics from North Carolina State University. Continued on at NCSU’s College of Veterinary Medicine, graduating in 2019.
- Special interests include dentistry, anesthesia/pain management, soft tissue surgery and clinical pathology.
- Originally from Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, Dr. Patterson currently resides in Raleigh with his black lab, Penny.
- Enjoys golf, playing guitar, swimming and is a die-hard NCSU Wolfpack fan.
Dr. Lauren Mealin
- Graduated from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor’s in Zoology in 2011. Went on to graduate from Kansas State University with a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine in 2015. Has practiced emergency medicine and general practice in Pennsylvania, but has now moved back home to North Carolina.
- Special interests include internal medicine, dermatology, soft tissue surgery, dentistry and pain management.
- Resides in Garner with her husband, Andrew; and mixed-breed dog, Andy.
- Enjoys spending time at the lake waterskiing, wakeboarding, wake surfing, biking, hiking and swimming.
Dr. David Chen, DVM, CVA
- Graduated from Kansas State University, College of Veterinary Medicine where he completed his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. In 2016 Dr. Chen attended CHI Institute in Florida to become a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist and enjoys practicing integrative veterinary medicine.
- He resides in Durham with his wife, daughter, and two rescue cats.
- When he’s not working, Dr. Chen enjoys mountain biking, snowboarding, playing basketball, and traveling.